Banana Avocado Bread
This recipe will make two loaves.
- 4 large over-ripe bananas
- 1-2 large ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 tsp lemon juice (fresh is always better, but I’ve used the kind in a bottle when I don’t have a fresh lemon handy)
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder** (see note at bottom)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups of unbleached bread flour
- 1 tbsp (more or less to taste) cinnamon
- chocolate chips and/or chopped walnuts or pecans if desired
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mash the bananas and avocado together in a bowl until well blended. One by one, add each of the other wet ingredients, one at a time. For the honey and oil, measure and add the oil first. Then measure the honey. It will slide right out of your measuring cup!
In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients. Slowly add it to the wet ingredients while mixing (I use a stand mixer). Once all are well blended, fold in chocolate chips and/or nuts if you’re adding them in.
Grease two loaf pans. Bake 40-50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing.